People usually experience stress, pain, and other signs and symptoms of acute and chronic diseases. Traditional medicines, like over-the-counter pain medications, offer relief yet bring unwanted effects, such as an upset stomach and dizziness. It’s a good thing that cannabidiol or CBD oils are now available, claiming to reduce or eliminate signs and symptoms of common ailments.
But are CBD oils suitable for everyone? How long should you take it? What is the proper dosage? All of these CBD questions must be answered.
While CBD oils are an appealing supplement because of their promising health benefits, it’s important to consider important things before using them that will be discussed below.
Identifying the source of hemp, which is the raw material of CBD oils, is important to determine the quality of the end result. Many CBD companies utilize advanced hemp technologies and source hemp from reputable hemp-producing countries, like Australia and the US, an example of which is Ananda CBD.
Quality hemp plants produce quality CBD oils. When researching the source, it’s essential to look for the following:
- Trusted Seed Bank Source: The best CBD manufacturers have the largest cannabis and hemp seed bank worldwide.
- Hemp Seed Quality: Look for CBD companies producing organic hemp seeds. It means that they grow hemp crops without applying pesticides and herbicides.
- Excellent Quality CBD Products: Choose gluten-free and GMO-free CBD products.
CBD products can be used by anybody who wants to find symptom relief from common physical ailments, such as migraines, back pain, nausea, and vomiting. They come in different preparations, such as CBD oils, CBD soft gels, CBD topicals, and CBD edibles. The CBD product you use depends largely on your needs and preferences.
Using CBD products is generally safe because it’s categorized as a food supplement. So, it won’t hurt trying CBD if you:
- Have Not Been Able to Sleep Well for Days: CBD can help you relax your mind and body to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Want to Include CBD In Your Skin Care Routine: Because of CBD oil’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it can be used as a part of your daily skincare regimen.
- Are Looking for Symptom Relief: CBD has antioxidant (fight harmful free radicals caused by oxidation or oxygen metabolism) and anti-inflammatory properties that ease signs and symptoms, such as pain, redness, and irritation. Also, CBD is thought to have neuroprotective properties that can reduce seizure episodes among epileptic patients.
Preferred Method of CBD Consumption
CBD products have a different mode of administration, including the following:
- Oral: CBD oils can be ingested or applied under the tongue (sublingually), suitable for those who can sustain taking CBD oil in its purest oil form.
- Vaping: Inhalation via vaping devices is applicable for a patient who cannot tolerate ingesting CBD oil. CBD e-liquids are available for this purpose.
- Topical: Skin application of CBD products includes massaging CBD balm or salve on the affected skin area. Topical preparations include CBD creams, moisturizers, lotions, salves, and balms. They are usually used to ease muscle strain and sprain and calm the senses by applying them in the affected muscle, joint, or aching body areas.
Always follow the CBD manufacturer’s instructions on the recommended CBD dosage based on your age and weight. Consult your doctor to give you a more tailored dosage suitable for your condition.
Here’s a quick guide on CBD dosage according to a trusted source:
- Appropriate Dosage: The appropriate dosage for you is one that is well-tolerated and provides a therapeutic effect.
- Oral CBD Dosage: Clinical studies use 100 to 800 mg per day for oral CBD preparations. Some studies use higher doses of over 1,000 mg per day for four weeks.
- Sublingual: CBD oils come in 500mg or 1000mg bottles, in which you can take 1ml a day, which is equivalent to 17mg or 33mg, respectively. You can increase the CBD dosage depending on how you feel until you find the right dose that provides the best effects on your body.
- Micro-Dosing: This CBD dosing is an effective way to tailor-fit your CBD consumption. It involves starting with a low dose of CBD and gradually increasing the dose until you’re able to attain the desired effects, such as reduced stress or a more relaxed mind and body.
Before using CBD oils, it’s vital to consider the CBD raw material source used in manufacturing the CBD products. Also, make sure to identify your needs to know the best method of CBD consumption for you. Most importantly, determine the right dosage by following the manufacturer’s instructions and consulting your doctor.