It is a fun trivia fact to learn, but did you know that everybody has feet that are flat at birth? The thing is that natural foot arch usually develops later, without causing any further issues. For some people, however, the normal arch never develops, resulting in what’s called fallen arches or flat feet. The article below discusses the best walking shoes for flat feet.
It is known that 20–30% of the general population has flat feet.
The best way to avoid any pain connected with flat feet is to wear a supportive and comfy shoe designed especially for people with fallen arches. But that’s easier said than done. Looking for these models, where does one start?
Men’s Walking Shoes for Flat Feet
Shoes created specifically for walking, containing the proper support, can easily adapt to any foot issue and even correct them eventually. So wearing them regularly makes all the difference in the world.
Below are few short reviews of the men’s walking shoes for flat feet, which are meant to give comfort and relief to your flat feet issues:
Brooks Men’s Beast ’16
Get “Brooks Men’s Beast ’16” on Amazon
Men dealing with chronic problems of the feet, thighs, knees, and back, said that Beast 16 helped to relieve or completely eliminate their pain.
- Super DNA midsole dynamically adapts to every stride with the maximum soft feeling under your feet.
- Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar uses an additional element of control to return the body back to its natural motion model.
- Full-length Segmented Crash Pad adapts to any foot landing and ensures the smooth transitions.
- The corresponding saddle wraps the midfoot for a safe landing and secure fit.
- Mesh upper controls moisture to keep feet cool and dry.
- Ultimate Sockliner adds extra cushioning.
Asics Men’s GEL-Foundation Walker 3
Get “Asics Men’s GEL-Foundation Walker 3” on Amazon
Asics shoes are light enough for long-distance walks. In turn, this footwear is made to provide your feet with maximum comfort during a walk.
- A dual density midsole system designed to increase the support and fixing position in the sports.
- Personal Heel Fit: 2 layers of memory foam line make a personalized fit.
- Width Specific: created and produced on forms that are specially selected to designated widths.
- SpEVA Midsole Material: Perfects the bounce back characteristics and reduces midsole breakdown.
- Moisture management.
- Trusstic System: Lowers the sole weight, preserving structural footwear integrity.
Propet Men’s Stability Walker Sneaker
Get “Propet Men’s Stability Walker Sneaker” on Amazon
This sneaker is one of the most favorite models. It is made with a wider forefoot and heel base for maximum stability.
- Internal and external heel counters give high stability.
- Light molded EVA amortizes each hit and cushions your feet.
- Rubber outsole with tread tracery gives improved traction.
- The removable orthotic insole is cushioned.
- Stuffed collar and tongue for an individual fit
Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes
Get “Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes” on Amazon
It’s a good choice of walking footwear with maintenance for your flat feet.
- HydroFlow technology strengthens midsole cushioning and improves shock absorption due to the additional placement of dynamic units in the heel and forefoot.
- Full-length innovative MoGo midsole compound that will ensure soft cushy feel, that is stable nevertheless. This provides an increased cushioning, comfort, and significant energy return.
- Prolonged Progressive Diagonal Rollbar.
- Energy-efficient S-257 Cushsole.
- Engineered MC Pod Configuration allows the midsole and outsole to put your foot in an efficient and balanced way.
- Durable & durable HPR Green outsole.
Walking Shoes for Women with Flat Feet
Women can forget about the pain and unpleasant feeling if they pick up the appropriate walking shoes for women with flat feet. Such models will alleviate chronic pain caused by prolonged hours of standing on the job, or walking long distances either for commuting or leisure. It also helps to consider compression stockings as well, for better circulation and blood flow.
If you are a woman who is suffering from pain associated with flat feet, here are some great options to consider:
Vionic Women’s Walker
Get “Vionic Women’s Walker” on Amazon
This model has a comfortable inner sole, which provides excellent shock absorption when walking or running. Vionic shoes are ideal for those who suffer from knee pain, ankle pain and back problems.
- Midsole, heel system, and insole motion control provide excellent arch support.
- Waterproof, moisture absorbent leather, and mesh upper design.
- Molded EVA midsole is a shock absorber.
- Heel counter system guarantees good support and fixity.
- A biomechanical orthotic is designed by the podiatrists.
ASICS GT – 1000 6
Get “ASICS GT – 1000 6” on Amazon
The ASICS GT-1000 6 is a mild support trainer with a large amount of depreciation, which well withstands all types of training.
- Rubber sole.
- Shock Guidance System Technology: ASICS uses bound elements to increase the foot’s natural gait.
- Comfort Dry Sockliner: Mobile sock liner that procures damping and absorption of moisture for a cooler, drier and healthier environment.
- SpEVA Midsole Material: Perfects bounce back features and reduces midsole breakdown.
- Guidance Trusstic System Technology: this system combines Guidance Line design to improve gait efficiency while maintaining the structural integrity of the midfoot.
Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4 Exceed Walking Shoe
Get “Skechers Performance Women’s Go Walk 4 Exceed Walking Shoe” on Amazon
This footwear gives the improved arch support to flat feet. The heel is provided with sufficient support and ankle stability.
- The multidirectional design below to improve traction.
- Goga pillars at the bottom.
- Fabric and synthetic upper with multi-layer mesh for breathability.
- Synthetic overlays at lace and heel areas for strength and endurance.
- Goga Max foamed insole for excellent cushioning.
- 5GEN midsole cushioning makes a high bounce-back.
Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoe
Get “Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoe” on Amazon
Its low profile platform and padded/lined inside alleviate the pain connected with flat foot conditions.
- Full and comfortable.
- Reliable leather upper.
- Shock-absorbing sole.
- Low-profile platform.
- Low cut shaft
How to choose a proper pair of walking shoes for flat feet?
It is very important to choose the right walking shoes for flat feet in order to reduce discomfort. Especially if you spend long hours on foot, either walking or standing. Thus, it is necessary to bear in mind the following:
- Stability Features: You need shoes with durable support, so shoes with very high or low heels will give you discomfort.
- Shock Absorption: Only footwear with good shock absorption will help you to struggle with flat feet.
- Motion Control: It is important for your proper gait.
- Support: Look for shoes with good arch support.
- Removable Inserts: The presence of removable inserts in the shoes is practical since over time you will be able to replace them with new ones.
- Comfort: Get shoes which you feel comfortable in.
- Podiatrist’s Recommendation: If you feel pain in your foot for a long time, you should consult a doctor.
Walking shoes for women and men with flat feet should be
especially comfortable and therefore safe for your health. The models of shoes that we have reviewed in this article absolutely comply with medical requirements, and offer plenty of features to support your foot, and alleviate pain that is associated with flat feet issues.
So, if you use the above tips when choosing your perfect pair of walking shoes, your walks and activities in the gym will bring much more pleasure.
All of the models listed above are comfortable and efficient in dealing with flat foot issues, and they are recommended by TheCrossfitshoes in some of their lengthy guides and detailed reviews. If you’re tired of uncomfortable shoes, pick the model that fits your style the most, and you will be able to find joy in walking once again.