September the 29th, 2018 is a date you’d want to remember. Especially if you are in the vicinity of New York and you are a fitness enthusiast! For only $75 you will get an all-day pass for one of the best fitness, wellness and beauty events you have ever had the opportunity to experience. It doesn’t matter if you are a yogi, a kickboxer, a pole dancer, a cyclist, a food lover or a beauty fanatic, NY Fit Fest is a place where everyone can find something to enjoy and make memories that will keep them pumped throughout the rest of the year. Sounds good?
If you want to clear your head and detox from the daily troubles, then this is the place where you can completely unwind. And if you don’t want to do it alone, you can call all your friends and make a party out of it. NY Fit Fest is created for everyone – for all ages, all body types and all fitness levels. It will be like the party of your dreams, but without the hangover that ruins the entire next day (or the next few days, if you can’t handle your drinks).
The best part of this one-day event is its location! NY Fit Fest will be at the Allegra Hotel and National Blvd Beach, in Long Beach NY. This Oceanfront Paradise is about 35 minutes from The Big Apple. In other words, it’s literally in your backyard! This means that you can spend an entire day at the beach, while at the same time you will satisfy all your thirst for fitness. And let’s not forget about breathing the fresh air coming from the Atlantic Ocean – your body may be satisfied from all the exercises, but your lungs will be more then grateful for filling them with a healthy breeze.
Are you ready for it? World renowned professionals will be in charge of all the activities, starting from yoga, meditation, dance, Zumba and surfing to kickboxing, CrossFit, pole dancing and much more! There will also be a line of motivational speakers, as well as nutrition and beauty lectures to get your workout motivation up, and to inform you about all the new food and beauty trends.
Preparing for the NY Fit Fest
Depending on your preferences, you’d want to spend more or less time in preparation. If you are there for the CrossFit sessions, you’ll need to keep yourself in good shape before the festival.
But the same goes for yoga and Zumba classes if you have a lot of weight to lose, or have to work on your flexibility and coordination.
So here is a list of ideas:
- If you need to lose weight fast, and don’t want to move all that much, try some of the healthy diets. We wrote previously about the hard boiled egg diet and all you’ll need is a week or two in order to see some amazing results. Remember, however, that the goal is not to starve your way into a lighter body, but slim only a bit in order to enjoy the festival activities.
- If you need to increase your endurance, stamina and agility, then make sure to go over a series of bodyweight workouts throughout the previous week. You can try platforms like Beachbody on Demand where there is a library of engaging bodyweight routines. It includes the iconic Insanity Workout, as well as P90X, Turbo Fire, and FocusT25. They also offer a month-long trial for free, so make sure to check out the workouts.
NY Fit Fest Class Schedules
After you’ll read the NY Fit Fest Class Schedule for 2018 you won’t be able to think about anything else. It has absolutely everything that your body is yearning for. It’s up to you to choose the ones that are perfectly suitable, creating your own personalized schedule that will meet your idea of a perfect fitness and wellness festival. And let’s not forget that your musical needs will also be satisfied with the amazing performance of DJ Skylar! So come on, let’s take a closer look at all the activities that will be available, alongside the professionals that will be leading them!
7:00 – 7:45 am
- CYCLEBAR Garden City with Coco Xie at the Allegria Rooftop Outdoor Pool Deck
8:00 – 8:45 am
- CYCLEBAR Garden City with Jamaal Sanderson at the amazing Allegria Rooftop Outdoor Pool Deck
- Engaging Yoga Nanda Ananda Flow (open level) with Kristen Petliski at the Beach Section 1
- Journey Dance with Toni Bergins and Jennifer Wilkinson at the Beach Section 2
9:00 – 9:45 am
- CYCLEBAR Garden City with Gabrielle Bolin at the Allegria Rooftop Outdoor Pool Deck
- TRX with BeachFit Long Island (Michael and Christina) at the Beach Section 1
- Cardio Kickboxing with Jennifer O’Connor and Christina Remix at the Beach Section 2
10:00 – 10:45 am
- Hip Hop Vinyasa with Melina Arnberg at the Beach Section 1
- TAE KWON DO with Master Edward Park at the Beach Section 2
- Surf Lecture with Will Skudin at the Hurley Surf Club
- Broadway Sweat with Stephanie Klemons at the Allegria Ballroom
- Red Door Spa with Jackie R. Chan at the University Beach Tent
10:45 – 11:00 am
- Intermission Plank Contest led by one and only Dana Krystopher at the Beach Bandstand
11:00 – 11:45 am
- M.S.T.A.N.Y MARINE STYLE BOOT CAMP with Brian Gomez at the Beach Section 1
- Carido Dance with Buddy Casimano at the Beach Section 2
- Hot Pilates Secret with Kaley Young at the at the Beach Section 3
- Zumba® with Coco Xie at the Allegria Ballroom
- Motivational Speaking with William Miller at the University Beach Tent
11:45 – 12:00 pm
- NY Fit Fest TBA Contest led by Dana Krystopher
12:00 – 12:45 pm
- PLYOGA with Stephanie Lauren at the Beach Section 1
- Coco’s Total Body FIT-CAMP with Chanel DeLisser at the Beach Section 2
- SoccerShape with Jonathan Borrajo at the Beach Section 3
- Nutritional Workshop with Soul Sisters Club (Melissa and Chrissy) at the University Beach Tent
12:45 – 1:00 pm
- Circus performance from I.FLY Trapeze
1:00 – 1:45 pm
- PARTNER YOGA INFUSION™ with Jenn Wilkinson at the Allegra Ballroom
- REMIX with Christina LeGrega at the Beach Section 1
- F45 Interval Training led by Marc Arnberg at the Beach Section 2
- Body Art with Becca Pace at the Beach Section 3
- Mindful Media with Alison at the University Beach Tent
1:45 – 2:00 pm
- Circus performance from I.FLY Trapeze
2:00 – 2:45 pm
- BUTI YOGA with Gladys Duarte at the Beach Section 1
- JIU JITSU with Marvin Lee at the Beach Section 2
- Yelp Business with Drew Applebaum at the University Beach Tent
2:45 – 3:00 pm
- NY Fit Fest Contest with Dana Krystopher
3:00 – 3:45 pm
- Soul Sculpt with Colette Lee at the Beach Section 1
- BollyX with Shahil Patel at the Beach Section 2
- Moticise with Sonia Satra at the Beach Section 2
- Trim The Fat Lecture with Dr Doshi at the University Beach Tent
3:45 – 4:00 pm
- Hoola Contest with Yoga Nanda
4:00 – 4:45 pm
- Barrier Island CrossFit with Lori McMahon and Jessica Thurman at the Beach Section 1
- Speed and Agility with Alanna Locast at the Beach Section 2
- Speed dating fitness class with Karina at the Beach Section 3
- Teen Motivational Speaking about Positive Body Image with Lauren Horack at the University Beach Tent
5:00 – 5:45 pm
- Salsa Dancing with Gladys Durarte and Donna Poretlli at the Beach Section 1
- AMP Training with Lisa Stella at the Beach Section 2
- Pole Dancing Workshop with Krystle Montalvo at the Beach Section 3
- Gentle Yoga and Meditation with Elizabeth Dunne and Flor Villazan at the Beach Section 3
Are you planning to visit NY Fit Fest this year? Or have you been at the festival already? The Lifestyle Updated audience can’t wait to read about your past experiences. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below!