PowerBlock Elite Dumbbells Review
I’m a huge dumbbell fan who appreciates a comfortable grip. And even though I’ve been very skeptical about adjustment dumbbells in the past I now understand the convenience in comparison to regular fixed models. Even though regular models can provide a slightly more comfortable grip, a solid pair of adjustment dumbbells can easily compete. The PowerClock Elite is perhaps one of the most carefully designed and a manufactured set of dumbbells, and reviewing it was quite a pleasure.
Compact, reliable, efficient
The PowerBlock Elite dumbbells provide:
- Balance, compactness and a super comfortable grip. They are much easier and faster to adjust compared to other dumbbells that follow the same concept. The cage assists on easing off the grip and concentrating the tension in the muscle instead of the forearm.
- Stability and easy adjustment. They have a rubber-coated handle which provides a comfortable grip and the top bars are padded, which is an added bonus. You’ll get excellent control and stability on all movements. The plate sections won’t rattle or wobble, which is a huge improvement over other types of adjustable dumbbells.
- Simple and elegant mechanism for switching the weights.
- Perfect balance of weights switching speed, reliability and value.
- Solid quality structure and very secure.
- Efficient space handling and storage.
- Cost-effectiveness compared to the price you’ll have to pay for multiple individual sets of dumbbells.
50-70lbs Expansion Kit
This add-on kit expands from 50 to 70lbs per hand. The 70lbs set replaces 22 pairs of dumbbells which is impressive considering that it is the first upgrade to the basic package. The set adds 6 additional increments to the 50lbs set and can later be expanded to 90lbs.
70-90lbs Expansion Kit
This add-on kit expands from 70 to 90lbs per hand. The 90lbs set replaces 28 pairs of dumbbells which is an entire gym worth of weight training equipment. The set adds 6 additional increments to the 70lbs set and can later be expanded to 90lbs.
50lbs Dumbbell Set
This set has a weight range of 5 to 50lbs per hand in increments of 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 17.5, 20 25, 27.5, 30, 35, 37.5, 40, 45, 47.5, 50lbs per hand. It is later expandable to 70 and 90lbs per hand. The set replaces 16 pairs of dumbbells.
50lbs Dumbbell Set with Stand Bundle
The bundle contains a pair of 50lbs Dumbbells (described above) and a large PowerBlock Column Stand. The stand can accommodate weights of up to 260lbs in total and measures 18x22x28 inches. It provides convenient and space-efficient storage solution. The Items, however, may be shipped and may arrive separately.
70lbs Dumbbell Set
This set has a weight range of 5 to 70lbs per hand. It can later be expended to 90lbs per hand. The set replaces 22 pairs of dumbbells or 1575lbs of free weights. Impressive!
70lbs Dumbbell Set with Stand Bundle
The bundle contains a pair of 50lbs Dumbbells (described above) and a large PowerBlock Column Stand. The stand can accommodate weights of up to 260lbs in total and measures 18x22x28 inches. It provides convenient and space-efficient storage solution. These items may be shipped and may arrive separately.
90lbs Dumbbell Set
This set has a weight range of 5 to 90lbs per hand in increments of 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10,15, 17.5, 20 25, 27.5, 30, 35, 37.5, 40, 45, 47.5, 50, 55, 57.5, 60, 65, 67.5, 70, 75, 77.5, 80, 85, 87.5, 90 lbs per hand. The set replaces 28 pairs of dumbbells or 2565lbs of free weights.
If you are in the market for an adjustable set of dumbbells, definitely consider this powerhouse. It is a piece of equipment unlike many others, and offers a solid mix between comfort, reliability, durability and price. The plates are very easy to add and subtract, and the weight adjustment will do wonders for your strength training progression, all the while keeping your home gym neat and clutter free.