EXERPEUTIC 225SL Inversion Table with AIRSOFT ankle holders review
Inversion has never been easier with the Exerpeutic 225SL Inversion Table with AIRSOFT ankle holders. Constructed from heavy duty steel frame, this inversion table features an innovative AIRSOFT ankle holder for superior comfort, a rear cross bar for easy inversion along with 3 different angles and a palm-activated SURELOCK ankle locking system.
If you want to experience an entirely different inversion therapy session, the Exerpeutic 225SL Inversion Table offers an unparalleled therapeutic experience at what is arguably an affordable price.
I took the Exerpeutic 225SL for a spin, so here are the main features and how I feel about them:
- AIRSOFT ankle holder uses Airsoft technology to allow air flow in different air chambers thus making the ankle holders extra secure and perfectly shaped to fit your ankles and legs. The Airsoft ankle cushions prevent pinching and pain to your ankles while inverting and eliminate exertion of heavy pressure. The ankle holder is definitely a noticeable upgrade when compared to similar and even pricier models. You can easily argue that it is the main feature, though the table is very solid in terms of design, built and performance (smooth inversion, well-adjusted center of gravity, premium built).
- Easy-reach palm activated SURELOCK adjustable ankle locking mechanism with double-lock ratchet tooth makes the table safer and more secure compared to other ratchet designs. I tested this mechanism a number of times and it works as advertised.
- Sturdy steel frame with maximum weight capacity of 250 lbs for superior stability. Now this is a slight disappointment for me since I’ve tested inversion tables that can hold even more weight, but I love the stability of this one. It feels very sturdy and strong and I wonder if they’ve put the weight barring capacity slightly lower just to avoid people testing the limits of it.
- Adjustable rear cross bar replacing the standard strap system for angle adjustment in three different positions.
- Removable lumbar pillow for additional support of the lower back and added comfort. This is nothing fancy, but again, very nicely manufactured.
- Soft foam backrest for perfectly supported and pleasant inverting.
- Full loop handlebars covered in foam for soft grip and easy return to an upright position.
- Vertical inversion up to 165 degrees and stretch bar for effortless body positioning.
- Adjustable height makes the Exerpeutic 225SL Inversion Table suitable for comfortable use by anyone between 4’9” to 6’6 tall.
- The six angle pin slot system, which comes with a protective cover will provide a more consistent therapeutic session, and ease of use.
- Foldable design for easy storage. The folded table measures 41.5 x 26.5 x 76.5, compared to 56.5 x 26.5 x 64 inches when erected. I cannot say that it is a very significant change, but you can easily slide it somewhere behind a closet or beneath the bed. As for weight, the table weighs 64.4 pounds.
- 1 year warranty for stress-free purchase and use. Now this is standard with most inversion tables priced somewhere within this price range, so I would add that I was expecting two years. But nevertheless, it doesn’t seem like you’ll need this anyway.
At this price I was expecting more than comfortable and reliable ankle holders. Some models like for example the Innova Fitness ITM4800, which is slightly more affordable, feature targeted vibrations and smartly distributed heat.
Granted, the Exerpeutic 225SL inversion table is very well manufactured, and features a premium design, but when you are paying for a table that is going to last for a decade, and quite possible more, why not have all the bells and whistles?
Inversion provides numerous benefits for your body and health, disregarding whether you are dealing with medical issues or just seek to reduce stress and fatigue and relax. It only takes 5 to 10 minutes of inversion therapy a day to enhance blood circulation and relieve back pain caused by prolonged sitting, soreness or strain.
If your doctor has recommended the use of an inversion table to relieve a more serious back issue, you would want to invest in a good quality product. The Exerpeutic 225SL Inversion Table is as good as it gets in terms of comfort, safety and true therapeutic value. At the price it is offered, it’s more than affordable with all the innovative features it offers for a superb inversion experience. If you need targeted vibration and smartly distributed heat however, I’ll recommend that you check the Innova Fitness ITM4800 as well.