Lifestyle Updated is an online health and fitness hub, run by a team of dedicated wellness professionals with cross-disciplinary background. Publishing our magazine for more than six years, we recently entered the online fitness industry, releasing the finalized version of Fitness Updated – an online workout platform set to profoundly change the industry.
This scholarship opportunity, therefore, has been specifically geared towards students that are either currently pursuing or planning to pursue programs such as Sports Science or Dance and Choreography. In addition, it is also open to students who participate in athletic programs, within or outside university jurisdiction.
Provided below are scholarship details including eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, and application requirements.
This is a merit-based contest open only to high school students and current college/university students.
The deadline for submitting an application is March 15th, 2018. Your essay, along with other application requirements (listed below), must be sent according to specific guidelines. The entry that is awarded with a scholarship will be announced on the 15th of April, 2018.
The respective award ($2000) will be delivered within a week of the public announcement. Ten other participants will be awarded as well, with a full-year membership of Fitness Updated (commercially priced at $75)
This is an annual program, and the date for the following round of submissions will be announced after declaring the winner, by updating this page.
Our criteria for evaluating your entry:
- Adherence to topic
- Grammar and vocabulary
How to apply
1. You must write a completely unique article on one of the topics provided:
- The Future of Fitness
- Incorporating Fitness Into The Classroom
- How Fitness Software Can Improve Quality of Life
2. This article needs to be 2000 words or longer (can include embedded multimedia content as well – with appropriate citations)
3. You’ll have to provide the following information:
- Your personal information (Full Name, Phone and Address)
- Name of School/College/University
- Area of Study
- Proof of enrolment into an athletic program (only if your field of study doesn’t match the required profile)
- Image of a non-expired document that confirms your student status
What is the prize?
The winner, announced on the 15th of April, will receive a prize of $2000 transferred directly to a PayPal account. In addition to this, the winner will also receive a full-year subscription to Fitness Updated, and the winning article will be published on our website.
Should the winner express interest in creating a digital fitness product at any time throughout his school or academic enrolment, our team will provide expert advice and mentorship as well.
Ten other applicants will receive a full-year subscription to Fitness Updated.
Terms and conditions:
- Lifestyle Updated reserves the exclusive rights to publish each article in original or modified form
- Applications are sent via e-mail only
- A completed application must include your Name, Phone and Address, along with the Name of your School/University, area of study, school issued ID, and attached article in Word or other similar document format
- Subject title of your email should be “Scholarship”
- Proof of enrolment into a sport or athletic program is necessary only if your field of study doesn’t match the required profile
- Note that no correspondence is available during the application window
- Incomplete entries will automatically be rejected
- Non-English submissions will automatically be rejected
Send your application to our email: email@example.com