Adapting to a changing world
As much as we love new and improved gear, the rapid proliferation of bicycle-related ‘standards’ can be confusing, frustrating, and costly to consumers.
While incremental, the benefits of the “Boost” 15x110mm front and 12x148mm rear axle standards are clear: better clearance for fatter tires & rims and reduced dish for stiffer, stronger wheels. The big bummer? Taking full advantage requires not only a new frame and fork, but new wheels as well.
In response, Wolf Tooth has developed the Boostinator. When paired with compatible 15x100mm or 12x142mm hubs, Boostinator kits allow existing wheels to be mounted in Boost-standard frames and forks. Disc and drivetrain positions are maintained and, thanks to a quick re-dish, spoke bracing angles are improved.
Boostinator kits consist of a specially-designed axle end cap and–in the case of rear kits–a precision-machined rotor spacer with a set of six high-strength bolts.
Kits are not compatible with hubs other than those listed.
Please visit Wolf Tooth for full Compatibility Details
- DF2: DT Swiss 240s front hubs
- DF20: DT Swiss 240s Oversize front hubs
- DF3: DT Swiss 350 front hubs
- DR: DT Swiss Star Ratchet rear hubs
- HF: Hope Pro 2 EVO front hubs
- HR: Hope Pro 2 EVO rear hubs
- 9TF: Industry Nine Torch front hubs (28+ spokes)
- 9TR: Industry Nine Torch rear hubs (28+ spokes)
- W6R: White Industries Mi6 rear hubs
- WXR: White Industries XMR rear hubs